Saturday, March 12, 2011

Hello Kitty Birthday Party

Our beautiful niece, Lexie, is turning two.  And she is all about Hello Kitty.  All we've heard for the last six months is "Hewow Kitty, Aunt Jen!"  "Hewow Kitty, Aunt Dee!"  Which translated means -- I want a Hello Kitty cake and decorations for my second birthday party, please.  (Remember, you can click on the pictures to make them larger.)



Today was Miss Lexie's party and oh, boy, did we "Hello Kitty" it up!  Here is the invitation.  Created the invite in Microsoft Publisher and added a Hello Kitty cut with my Cricut from the Hello Kitty Greetings cartridge.



It has become a tradition for the girls that I make them a special shirt and tutu for their party.  I called Lexie's tutu her skirt of many colors -- I used pink, purple, turquoise and yellow pastel tulle.  I cut my t-shirt stencil out of contact paper using my Cricut and the Hello Kitty Greetings cartridge.  I also made her a pom-pom flower headband with some leftover tulle.

Dee made an awesome two layer cake.  The top layer was chocolate and the bottom vanilla, both covered in buttercream and fondant.  The flowers are all cut from fondant.  The only non-edible items on the cake are the Hello Kitty topper and rings (stuck into the side of the top layer) and the candle.  The cupcakes are topped with buttercream, a fondant flower and the Hello Kitty picks.  The picks were made using the Hello Kitty Greetings cartridge.




I made two centerpieces for the tables with a paper mache flower pot, a Hello Kitty balloon and lollipop flowers.  The flowers were cut from the Plantin School Book cartridge and the leaves are from the Walk in My Garden cartridge. 

The kids loved these (and so did the adults, too)!















A birthday banner is a must! 

Again the Hello Kitty Greetings cartridge was called into action for all of the kitty cuts and the font and scalloped squares are from the Cindy Loo cartridge.











And of course I made Lexie a birthday card --using the card feature on the Hello Kitty Greetings cartridge. 

All in all, a very special party for the sweetest little girl!   Her grins, giggles and squeals said it all -- she loved it!

Happy Birthday, baby girl!  We love you!

~ Jen

P.S.  I didn't list any of my papers or cut sizes -- if you'd like that info, drop me a message in the comment section and I'll see if I can't scrounge it up for you.  And as always, thank you for your wonderful comments.  They are appreciated!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh, this is super cute! Great job. I am sure you all had fun. Makes me miss little kid's parties.

Maria Elena said...

What a great projects !!! goshhh Hello Kitty is my favorite ever ! in that baby girl is adorable. say Happy B-day to her from a scrappy friend !
Thanks for commenting my blog !
Have a great Monday ;-)
Maria Elena.-
http://mariaelenaworld.blogspot.com/

Aim said...

What a fabulous grouping of Hello Kitty!! I love the 'flower' pot -- SO creative!! Your niece is precious -- LOVE her tutu and shirt!! What a lucky little girl she is to have such a detail-oriented aunt... Thanks so much for sharing!! I always love seeing what you've been creating :)

Amy :) at www.lovetocrop.com

Anonymous said...

Love the flower pot, I'm going to make one for all the girls in my girl scout troop

Veronica said...

So cute!! I am going to recreate your centerpieces for a Hello Kitty baby shower. However, I can't find the balloons. Where did you find those?

Thanks!

Jen said...

Thanks, Veronica! This was 5 years ago -- I think we bought the balloons at our local party store.